Monday 6 July 2009

Currently reading...(and have already read again!)

Forgive me bloggers, it has been 6 weeks since my last post and I know I promised better. I sit here, very shamed faced. Today you get a double dip - an update on my reading and the crafty blog I promised last time. I do have an excuse. While we have sorted out our phone issues and my husbands computer has a stable connection, the one I use drops out frequently making posting very frustrating, but I promise to persevere today until I manage to post everything!

So to start with, this is what I have been reading!


At the moment I am reading The Miracle At Speedy Motors by Alexander McCall Smith. This is one of the many books in the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency books. If you haven't read this series, do yourself a favour and go get it. I think however, I have managed to miss one and will need to buy the previous book, The Good Husband of Zebra Drive.


Before that I read Celluloid Serial Killers: The Real Monsters Behind the Movies by Paul B Kidd. Yet another book to feed my serial killer obsession. Paul B Kidd is an Australian authors and one of my favourites for this genre. I now want to go and rent all the movies he talked about!

The next bunch I am not sure what order I read them in so I'll just make it up!


Time and Chance by Sharon Kay Penman. The second book in her Eleanor of Aquitaine and Henry II trilogy. I love the way Penman writes. She truly makes history come alive. I have a friend who is an English history nut and she tells me Penman stays pretty close to the mark.


Cruel as the Grave by Sharon Kay Penman. Her second book with the fictional character of Justin de Quincy who is the Queen's man, investigating situations for her. For me, not as enjoyable as her purely historical stuff, but still a good read.


In the Winter Dark by Tim Winton. I've decided to read through Tim Winton's earlier stuff and this is the first I grabbed off the shelf. Typical Winton, dark, confronting and beautifully written.


The Grim Grotto by Lemony Snicket. Almost at the end of this series and I must admit to being interested in how it all ends!

So there is my book catch up! Next the craft one!

No comments: