Thursday 5 November 2009

Fussy Cutting Frenzy

First of all, a big thank you for all the positive comments. You have all made my day and given me a bit of confidence to believe I can actually pull this off!

So, I was suppose to get up at 4.45 this morning to go paddling the outrigger, but when I woke, the clock said 5.08! Oops! Set the alarm - didn't turn it on! Felt so guilty, I couldn't go back to sleep so decided to get up and do some cutting. My morning start looked like this

A cup of tea, and fabric to cut! I need 4 x 3.5in squares from 81 different fabrics for these quilts. That makes a grand total of 324 squares! The other day I cut 16 fabrics, this morning 14. 30 fabrics down, 51 to go. 120 squares down, 204 to go. The title "Fussy Cutting Frenzy" came to me while I was, surprisingly, fussy cutting several of the fabrics. While I didn't have to fussy cut all the fabrics, it was needed on several. Slows down the process significantly, but worth the effort.

I actually managed to get close to an hours peace. The rule in this house is children are not allowed out of their rooms until 6am. Luke can tell the time on his digital clock and Kira knows not to come out until Luke does. At 6 on the dot, they both came tumbling down the stairs, spied my cup of tea and immediately asked for one.

What a perfect way to start the morning!

BTW - had an idea for something while I was cutting this morning - stay tuned and I'll let you know more when I work out if it can actually work.

3 comments:

Mark said...

Thats a lot of fussy cutting alright! Can't wait to see what you have planned!

Lily Mulholland said...

I cannot believe you felt guilty about 'sleeping in' until 5am. LOL

That's a whole lotta cutting you've got going on there Kylie. Don't overdo it!

Unknown said...

Nah Lily, felt guilty about missing the paddle!