Friday 11 December 2009

Currently reading...


The Household Guide to Dying by Debra Adelaide. Yet another book I picked up at the library because it looked interesting. Delia is dying of cancer. She is a writer who has written a series of household books - The Household Guide to the laundry...the kitchen...the garden...you get the idea. So as she comes to terms with her own mortality and tying up the loose ends of her life, she writes her final household guide.

I am, by the way, morning the end of my Sharon Kay Penman jaunt. Over the past 12 months I have read or reread her entire list in chronological order. Truly the best way to learn history I feel!

1 comment:

becanne said...

I love Sharon Penman books. Almost wanted to call my son an "olde" name but restrained myself, especially from someting with extra LLs, FFs and YYs in the spelling. I haven't read one for years but considering a trip to the library. I'd love to read them in order. Just need a super long holiday to do It!