Thursday 31 December 2009

Currently reading...


My Life Among the Serial Killers by Helen Morrison M.D and Harold Goldberg.

I've read less of this stuff this year than I normally do -  only three others I can see as I peruse my list. It's not a matter of losing interest, more of finding it harder and harder to find good stuff. I find Helen Morrison a little arrogant and condescending not only of her readers, but her peers. She has a theory, it's the right theory and everyone else is wrong. Most probably not what she means to portray, but the way it comes across. She is very willing to completely discount the effect of childhood experiences on these depraved killers, which is something I don't think is correct. Then again, I'm not the trained forensic psychiatrist who has spent countless hours interviewing and studying serial killers.

During our trip away I also managed to read a few other books. Apart from finishing off Eclipse before we left, I finished the series, reading


and

Fever of the Bone by Val McDermid (the most recent Tony Hill/ Wire in the Blood book)

I've really enjoyed keeping track of all these books this year and plan to do so again next year. Any one else interested in keeping track of their reading? No target, just a way to share what you are reading. Let me know, I love to see what others are getting into - lots of good ideas!

No comments: