Thursday 29 April 2010

A few last minute April finishes!

Drum roll please!!!
 (image from: http://www.ehow.com/videos-on_2504_basic-drum-strokes.html)

The quilt 7 - 8 years in the making has been finished!!


Still unnamed, but finally finished!! There was much cheering. It's not perfect, it won't win any awards, but it is done. This is where it will live.


Although it has already been dragged off the back of the couch by my 4 year old.

I also get to add another pencil roll, made with the Maisy fabric. This one was for my daughter's best friends 4th birthday. They are travelling to Bali for a holiday soon so hopefully it will be useful on the plane.


A friend who is travelling to Europe in about eight weeks with her two sons and her nephew has asked for some for them so expect to see a few more in the coming months!

Sewing hasn't been the only creating going on here. I've also taken to baking. It's a new thing for me, but my husband is pleased I am expanding my domestic skills! (Please read that with a very, very lighthearted tone!)

Retromummy posted a recipe for an very easy and yummy pear flan. She scored it off Frills in the Hills. I must say, the first time I made it, I didn't have enough pears so added some apple as well. This worked a treat and I am tempted to try it with apples only. This was my second attempt.

I seriously had this prepared and in the oven in no more than 30 minutes! So easy and very yummy warm or cold.

I also discovered a recipe from in a Donna Hay magazine that looked delicious and easy. It was called Apple and Caramel Dumplings. So I had to have a go.
I must say, yummo!! The recipe can be found at Donna Hay's website, here!

I will tell you though, don't think you can prepare the dumplings in advance and put them in the caramel sauce until it's time to put it in the oven. Makes for very large dumplings! Oops.

5 comments:

Liss said...

Kylie, what a delicious bunch of pictures! Thank you so much for linking to my yummy recipe, it's a big hit! Head over tomorrow after lunch, there's going to be a really fun giveaway going on!

Cheers
xx

Sharon MLS said...

Congrats on the OPAM win! What a story - I have never pieced an entire quilt by hand! Way to go!

Kelly said...

Yay!! congrats on the finish!! I made the pear flan the other day too unfortunately it didn't go down to well with my lot, I liked it though!

Kris Meares - Tag Along Teddies said...

Hey Kylie! I popped across to see if you'd reported your backyard blitz! :0) Love your quilt, by the way - It reminds me of a roll of Fruit Tingle lollies ... lovely bright lolly colours! :0) And I really do have to have a shot at one of those pencil rolls one day ... I'll add it to "The List". Bear Hugs! KRIS

Bev C said...

Hello Kylie,love your bright quilt. Congratulations on your OPAM finishes and win. Happy days.
Bev.xoxo