Sunday 7 October 2012

Mystery Quilting

A month or so ago Vol 21, No. 10 of Australian Patchwork and Quilting arrived in my letter box. As usual I opened it, glanced through and then put it aside for later. When I looked at it closer, I saw they were doing a mystery quilt. I've never done a mystery quilt so I though I'd give this one a go. It called for 10 FQ's of assorted light prints and 10 FQ's of assorted dark prints. I had a bunch of Japanese prints that fit the bill so off I went.

The second part arrived a week or so ago and last night, I was a fantastic wife and let my husband play the Xbox so I could complete part two. By the end of the night I had four strips and a lot of other stuff cut and stored in bags ready for part three.

I'm not really sure what the end product is going to look like, but I'm sure I'll find out next month!

Oh and is it just me or is not possible to get 121 five inch squares from 10 fat quarters? In the end I chose 11 FQ's of each light and dark because otherwise I was going to come up short!

No comments: