Saturday 6 October 2012

Peaking around the corner

Hmmm, well, hello. Been awhile and once again I've decided to make a fresh start and see if I can get back into this blogging thing! I kinda froze up there for awhile - got to a point where I didn't know where to start so didn't start at all! Anyway, have decided the only way to get back into it is to actually just post something! Hopefully over the next couple of days I will make some catch up posts so you know what I have been up to.

However the thing that prompted me to blog today was this.


You see, it's been so long since I actually finished a quilt, I'd forgotten how to attach the  binding! Thank goodness for YouTube I say! This tutorial is super clear and easy to follow. I'll be tagging it so I can find it again!

The quilt I needed to attach the binding to I can't show you! It's for a doll quilt swap so you'll have to wait for the big reveal. This is a little sneak peek though.





Not much to go on , I know, but hey, that's the way it goes!

Other than that, I have a few projects on the go.

1. Baby girl quilt - this is the one I started here. The top is finished but I have to quilt it.
2. Baby boy quilt - top finished, need to sandwich and quilt
3. Mystery quilt from Australian Patchwork and Quilting. - have done the first part. Part two arrived in the mail the other day, need to get to it at some stage.
4. Planning a scrap vomit quilt like the one here at I'm a Ginger Monkey. Have been cutting up 2.5 in squares but no actual sewing yet.
5. Putting together my blocks in a sewing bee. I'm waiting for all my blocks to come back so I can start putting it together.

Hopefully each of these projects will get their own posts over the next couple of days as well as one on the sewing bee blocks I've done for others.

Hope to see you again soon!

No comments: