Tuesday 22 January 2013

A Finish!

And hopefully the first of many of 2013!

The pattern for this quilt can be found in AP&Q Vol 21, No 2.

The planning for this quilt started around this time last year. I saw the pattern, loved it, ordered fabric on line, broke my leg and didn't sew again until about April!

Once I finally had it all pieced and sandwiched, I ran into a few quilting problems with my machine and my own confidence. With everything sorted I sat down last weekend and just made myself do it!


And I must say I'm rather pleased with it. The swirls aren't perfect, but they are good enough.

The quilt will be called {Brown}Sugar and Spice and is for a friend who owns a cafe and is due in February. Her cafe is called Brown Sugar and she is having a girl - thus the name!

Yay for a finish!

1 comment:

Khris78 said...

Looks lovely Kylie !!!